Human Resources Manager, North America
Forsee Power is expanding in North America. We seek a strong project manager to lead cross-functional teams through the development, industrialization, and vehicle integration of our smart battery systems. Join our team and help lead the region’s electromobility transformation!
Forsee Power is an industrial group specializing in smart battery systems for electric transport markets, primarily, Heavy Electric Vehicles (HEV) such as buses, trucks, off-highway, railway, marine, and Light Electric Vehicles (LEV), such as last-mile, utility and light commercial vehicles, carts, and scooters. From our locations in Europe, Asia and North America, the Group designs, manufactures, supplies, installs, and maintains its smart battery systems using the most robust battery cells on the market. Driven by a keen sense of innovation, customer satisfaction and operational excellence, our team strives to develop solutions that guarantee safety, reliability, durability, and performance for a sustainable energy transition. More than 2,500 buses and 100,000 light electric vehicles are equipped with Forsee Power’s batteries. The Group’s parent company, Forsee Power SAS, is listed on the Euronext Paris exchange.
The Battery Systems Project Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of a product integration project, from new business award to steady state production. This position guaranties cost, quality, delivery, and customer satisfaction throughout the project. This position is responsible for ensuring the project meets all budgetary, business case and operational objectives. From time to time the Project Manager may lead other types of strategically important projects, such as: new business pursuits, supply chain optimization, new process industrialization, development of advanced technologies or innovations, etc.
The Project Manager’s scope of responsibility includes duties customary to the role, such as:
- Main point of contact for the customer with respect to the project. Maintains close contact and ensures their development needs are supported.
- Provides full transparency and insight into the project’s status, risk, and performance to the Forsee Power management team.
- Leads the cross-functional project team (product engineering, process engineering, industrialization, quality, purchasing, supply chain, etc.) through the entire project lifecycle, from award to steady state production.
- Holds project team members accountable for their contributions to the project.
- Collaborates with functional managers to ensure all necessary resources are deployed to the project and tasks are completed well and timely.
- Manages technical and economic negotiations with customers and ensures that all changes (engineering or otherwise) are well managed.
- Maintains project management process and tools: task prioritization, timelines, action plans, risk and opportunities assessments, contingency plans, gate review documentation, key deliverables documentation, etc.
- Responsible for timely, efficient, and thorough project gate reviews. Ensures gate review material reflect a transparent, accurate, and complete view of the project.
- Anticipates nuances of the project’s evolution and proactively manages consequences.
- Ensures engineering change request are well managed.
- Proactively manages all KPIs and deliverables, such as cost, quality, delivery, financial and operational objectives.x
Strong candidate likely has:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field preferred
- 5+ years of relevant knowledge and experience with a tier one systems supplier to heavy vehicle or automotive OEMs preferred
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Battery systems knowledge and experience is a plus.
Travel: approximately 25% (domestic and international)
Targeted attributes include:
- Possesses a personal connection to Forsee Power’s mission.
- Self-starter who takes initiative.
- Leads effectively in a matrix organization, and across cultures and functional silos.
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong business acumen
- Well organized, a planner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Organization skills with strong attention to details
- Ability to follow up and get things across a finish line.
- Good listener and attentive to others
- Uses MS Project and Excel effectively.
- Fluent in English required, French speaking is a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Forsee Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Please inform the company’s human resources representative if you need assistance completing this application or otherwise participate in the application process.
*Note: This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this role. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.