Human Resources Manager, North America
Forsee Power is expanding in North America. We seek a Battery Systems Product Application Engineer for our inaugural North America manufacturing facility near Columbus, Ohio. Join our leadership team and help lead the region’s electromobility transformation!
Forsee Power is a tier-1 industrial group specializing in lithium-ion battery systems for electric vehicle powertrains, primarily, Heavy Electric Vehicles (HEV) such as buses, trucks, off-highway equipment, railway, and Light Electric Vehicles (LEV), such as last-mile, utility and light commercial vehicles, carts, and scooters. From our locations in Europe, Asia and North America, the Group designs, manufactures, supplies, installs, and maintains its smart battery systems using the most robust battery cells on the market. Driven by a keen sense of innovation, customer satisfaction and operational excellence, our team strives to develop solutions that guarantee safety, reliability, durability, and performance for a sustainable energy transition. More than 1,800 buses and 100,000 light electric vehicles are equipped with Forsee Power’s batteries. The Group’s parent company, Forsee Power SA, is listed on the Euronext Paris exchange.
The Product Application Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to the sales team during the request for information/request for quotation phases on all products in production. This position will also ensure delivery of the deliverables associated with the products and present them to customers, ensuring, if necessary, that documentation is updated with the Technical Manager. This position will monitor all technical tasks and progress throughout the duration of each project.
This position will be based in the North America facility in Hilliard, OH and reports directly to the President, Forsee Power North America. The Product Application Engineer shall perform all duties in a manner consistent with Forsee Power’s Values and Code of Conduct.
Scope of responsibility includes duties customary to the role, such as:
- To provide technical support to sales teams during the request for information / request for quotation phases on all products in production.
- After award of a project by the customer, be the technical lead on application projects. As such:
- Manage technical tasks and oversee progress throughout the project
- Manage the product integration phase at the customer’s location
- Perform product validation testing in the customer environment
- Participate with the customer during vehicle validation phase
- Lead the coordination with after-sales
- Lead internal follow-up meetings on projects
- Discuss, translate, and oversee all requests for adaptations of specific products (software evolution, interface change…)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of electrical engineering, electricity, mechanics and thermal
- Good knowledge of electronics (CAN, SW, HW communication)
- Knowledge of electrochemistry
- Continuous improvement techniques (Kaizen, etc.)
- Technical knowledge and experience with battery systems for electric mobility (a plus)
- Target market knowledge and experience (a plus)
- “Firefighting” and crisis management, remaining calm under pressure
- Responsiveness to quickly solve problems and sense of anticipation
- Balance rigor and discipline with flexibility and creativity, as the situation warrants
- Ability to work within “start-up” company constraints
- Autonomous, creative, rigorous, with very good analytical skills
- Pro-active and result-oriented
- Possesses a personal connection to Forsee Power’s mission
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Values diversity of culture, gender, etc.
- Adaptability and open-mindedness
- Operates effectively in a matrix organization
- Work effectively across functional silos and cultures
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong business acumen and financially savvy
- Fluent in English, French speaking is a plus
Strong candidate likely has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferred
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in industrial, automotive or railway
- Battery systems experience is desirable
- Resides in the greater Columbus, Ohio area
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Forsee Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Please inform the company’s human resources representative if you need assistance completing this application or otherwise participate in the application process.
*Note: This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this role. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.